Tom Walker, Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Lakeview Enterprise Associates, Inc.
I’m a trainer, coach and problem solver who works with industrial and manufacturing managers across a variety of business segments.
Before launching my independent coaching and training practice 8 years ago, I had worked for 25+ years with E.I. DuPont developing their world class process improvement, quality, and safety programs.
I traveled to DuPont’s plants around the world:
- training plant leadership on manufacturing Best Practices;
- training shop floor teams to identify the underlying causes of major injuries, process safety incidents, production and yield losses, plus equipment unreliability;
- increasing business revenues by hundreds of millions of dollars due to lower production costs, improved equipment run time and higher product yields.
- guiding teams to successfully achieve safety, cost and schedule goals for plant maintenance and project outages;
- applying lean manufacturing methods to routinely shorten product transition or changeover times by 50%;
The University of Memphis
BSEE, Electrical Engineering, Math
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional by the Society of Maintenance & Reliability Professionals
- Root Cause Analysis Trainer by E. I. DuPont
- Six Sigma Green Belt by E. I. duPont
- Certified Trainer by John M. Campbell & Co.
- Unescorted access to chemical plants and refineries with water access (TWIC) by US Coast Guard
- Unescorted access to a nuclear power facility by Nuclear Regulatory Commission (equivalent to Secret clearance)
- Working with institutionalized children by United Methodist Family Services